If you’re looking for a job, your online profile is more important to you now than ever before!
Being in the job market can sometimes be a little soul-destroying, with many advertised jobs getting far more applications than before. The job boards are still working for many job seekers, but in the age of Web 2.0, there are plenty of other things you can do to stand out from the crowd and get that position you want.
So how can you successfully market yourself online and really stand out?
Follow these 10 easy tips and watch your personal online brand come alive!
- Set you settings to private while updating your profiles – this will prevent employers to know you are looking and will stop you from annoying your contacts with all the updates.
- Create a Facebook business page – always separate business and family (and friends).
- Use your Facebook business page as a blog.
- Add quality content to your business page to draw attention.
- Buy Facebook ads to promote yourself (check out our section on how to create Facebook ads).
- Monitor your ad spend and make adjustments as necessary.
- Tell the world what you do in your LinkedIn heading (Hint: this is not your job title)
- Link to your Facebook business page from LinkedIn.
- List yourself in a group job section on LinkedIn.
- Promote your online brand.